Panasonic AU-EVA1 Compact 5.7K Super 35mm Cinema Camera
Out of stock
AED 24,148.95 AED 22,999.00
Housing a high-resolution 5.7K image sensor capable of rendering smooth 4K images inside a compact body, Panasonic's AU-EVA1 Compact 5.7K Super 35mm Cinema Camera is a flexible camera system ready for documentary, cinema, and live event production. The 5.7K sensor is used to super-sample internal recordings, resulting in higher resolving images with less noise and artifacting when compared to non-super-sampled recordings. Panasonic's acclaimed Dual Native ISO technology is also incorporated into this sensor. Dual Native ISO uses alternative circuitry within the sensor, rather than adding gain or shifting the gamma of the original signal output, to increase sensitivity while maintaining a high signal-to-noise ratio. The standard native ISO is 800, which works for most production situations. This can be switched to 2500 when working in dim scenarios.
An EF lens mount at the front of the body supports a wide range of interchangeable lenses from popular manufacturers. Directly behind the mount is an electronically controlled ND filter wheel offering 2, 4, and 6 stops of filtration for cutting down on excess light, letting you set your lens's aperture to fit the desired aesthetic of your production. For further flexibility, the IR-cut filter is defeatable for shooting in extreme low-light situations or for creative color effects.
On the back end, videos are recorded using 10-bit, 4:2:2 sampling for smooth gradations in subtle shades and a reduction in banding artifacts over 8-bit sampling. Bit rates up to 400 Mb/s are available for high image quality, though lower data rates around 150 Mb/s are available as well to save card space without an extreme image quality penalty. For the highest image quality, the EVA1 will output a 10-bit raw data stream to an external recorder via its BNC terminal. The raw data can then be processed in post-production to extract cinema-grade images with high dynamic range.
Infusing high-resolution recording into a small form factor camera body gives DPs and camera operators the flexibility to achieve cinema-grade images in spaces normally restrictive of larger camera systems. Additionally, since tactile controls and I/O connections are available on the exterior of the camera, the overall design doesn't sacrifice conventional ergonomics for traditional shooting scenarios whether operating handheld or locked down atop a tripod.
get real warranty on Panasonic AU-EVA1 Compact 5.7K Super 35mm Cinema Camera at Digi Tech Trading LLC
- 5.7K Sensor
- Panasonic's 5.7K sensor is at the heart of this camera. Its high resolution allows for oversampled 4K footage, resulting in sharp images with reduced aliasing and increased color fidelity over native 4K Bayer-pattern sensors. Video is recorded on widely available SD cards, providing high-quality recording on accessible, industry-standard media. The full active resolution of the 5.7K sensor can be output via the SDI port as a 10-bit raw data stream for external recording by a compatible recorder.
- Dual Native ISO
- Utilizing a process that allows the sensor to be read in a fundamentally different way, Dual Native ISO extracts more information from the sensor without affecting the image in the same way as increasing the gain or shifting the gamma. This results in the EVA1 being a camera that can switch from standard sensitivity to high sensitivity with minimal, if any, impact by way of image artifacting. For further reducing noise, several noise reduction modes have been added with firmware 2.5.
- V-Log and V-Gamut Capture
- Combining Panasonic-developed V-Log and V-Gamut, the EVA1 can capture a wide exposure latitude and represent a wide color palette. V-Log has exposure curve characteristics that are somewhat reminiscent of negative film, while V-Gamut delivers a color space even larger than film. Having both tools enables the EVA1 to be used in production workflows for both HDR and SDR production.
- Native EF Lens Mount
- Panasonic chose the EF lens mount to enable shooters to natively use the broad EF lens ecosystem, encompassing many brands of lenses. The lens mount features electronic contacts for communication with compatible lenses and enables one-push autofocus.
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- The EVA1 can electronically compensate for vibrations induced by shooting handheld or shoulder-mounted. This feature is especially useful for documentarians and other shooters that employ the run-and-gun style.
- Integrated Motorized Filters
- Available in 2, 4, and 6 stops, the built-in ND filter wheel enables the camera operator to have precise control over their image. If you wish to open up your lens while maintaining a set shutter speed, the ND filters can help reduce the exposure to retain your image's highlights. The IR-cut filter can also be actuated electronically, allowing for night vision and unique photographic effects.
- SD Card Recording
- Proprietary media can be expensive, but the EVA1 uses relatively affordable SDXC memory to record video. V60-rated SD cards support all internal recording modes, including the 10-bit 4:2:2 4K modes. Having dual card slots means you can continuously record from card to card, or record to both cards simultaneously for a backup.
- Recording Modes
- The EVA1 can record in several formats and compression rates, and offers up to 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling, even at 4K resolutions. For in-camera recording, you can capture in SDI 4K (4096 x 2160), UHD 4K (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080), Full HD (1920 x 1080), and HD (1280 x 720). For high-speed capture, the EVA1 offers up to 59.94 fps for 4K, up to 120 fps for 2K and Full HD, or 240 fps with an image sensor crop.
- On the body of the camera you'll find dual balanced XLR audio inputs for professional shotgun microphones, lavalier microphones, and line outputs. The HDMI and SDI video outputs are 4K-capable and can each be adjusted separately, allowing for HD to be fed to a viewfinder or other third-party monitor while 4K is sent to an outboard recorder or monitor. The camera is also equipped with standard timecode functionality.
- Included Battery and Charger
- Bundled with the EVA1 is the AG-VBR59 battery, which should give approximately an hour and a half of continuous operating time and a charge time of approximately 3 hours and 20 minutes. Optional separately available VBR batteries can extend the runtime of this camera.
- Built-In Monitoring Tools
- As a professional video production tool, the EVA1 contains several professional imaging tools including Peaking, Expand (Image Zoom), Waveform, Zebras, and Spotmeter (Y-Get). The EVA1 also utilizes Focus Squares, a feature originally found in the VariCam line which displays an array of green squares that grow in size when their local area appears to be sharp, enabling shooters to achieve critical focus.
It's always easy to shop for Digital Cine Cameras at Digi Tech Trading LLC because you can browse by best sellers, brand, price range, customer rating, or special offers. And you can take advantage of free shipping within UAE. Digi Tech Trading LLC Panasonic AU-EVA1 Compact 5.7K Super 35mm Cinema Camera - your trusted source of filmmaking equipments
Write Your Own Review
|Video Connectors||1 x BNC (6G-SDI) Output
1 x HDMI (HDMI 2.0) Output
1 x HDMI Output
|Audio Connectors||2 x 3-Pin XLR Input|
|Other I/O||1 x USB Type-A
1 x 40-Pin Monitor Output
1 x BNC Timecode Input/Output
1 x 2.5 mm LANC Control Input
|Screen Resolution||1,150,000 Dots|
|Battery Type||Panasonic AG-VBR Series|
|Power Connectors||1 x Barrel Input|
|Power Consumption||19 W|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 85%|
|Accessory Mount||1 x 1/4"-20 Female
1 x Cold Shoe Mount
|Dimensions||6.7 x 5.3 x 5.2" / 17 x 13.5 x 13.3 cm (Without Protrusions)|
|Weight||4.5 lb / 2.1 kg|
|Package Weight||9.85 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||17.2 x 14.25 x 11.75"|
Panasonic AU-EVA1 Compact 5.7K Super 35mm Cinema Camera
7.28V 43Wh Lithium-Ion Battery for DVX200 (5,900mAh)
Battery Charger for AG-VBR & Other Batteries
Microphone Holder Adapter
LCD Monitor with Hood and Mount
EF Port Cap
Limited 1-Year Warranty