Fashioned in a sleek black finish, the KSM9HS Multi-Pattern Dual-Diaphragm Handheld Vocal Microphone from Shure is designed to function both in live and studio environments. It features a polar pattern switchable between subcardioid and hypercardioid, with the former providing a wider coverage than the latter, though neither pattern strays into the realm of the omnidirectional. Its dual-diaphragm construction is intended to mitigate the proximity effect; with the KSM9HS, you should hear minimal differences in frequency response whether you're up close or far away from its capsule.
The microphone necessitates phantom power, but can operate with phantom supplies as low as 11 VDC. Its inherent SPL and output clipping level render it suitable for loud sound sources, while its integrated three-layer mesh pop filter diminishes breath and wind noises. A carrying case and microphone clip are included with the KSM9HS.
- Switchable polar patterns (hypercardioid and subcardioid)
- Uniform polar response
- Dual gold-layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragm design
- Gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier provides transparency and fast transient response while simultaneously mitigating crossover distortion, and minimizing harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Minimal self-noise
- Able to withstand high SPLs
- High output level
- Suspension shockmount system isolates cartridge from handling and stand noise
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz
- Integrated three-stage 'pop' protection grill to reduce plosives, wind, and other breath noises