Deity Microphones V-Mic D4 DUO Dual-Capsule Micro Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Mobile Journalist, Vlogger, Run & Gun
- For DSLR/Mirorless Cameras & Recorders
- Front and Rear Cardioid Capsules
- 2 x Faux-Fur Windscreens
Designed for fast-moving, run-and-gun DSLR/mirrorless videographers, the Deity Microphones V-Mic D4 DUO is a compact and lightweight on-camera microphone that offers a smart feature set aimed at capturing better-sounding interviews from the field.
The V-Mic D4 DUO offers a dual-capsule design, with one cardioid capsule focused on the subject in front of the mic and a second aimed at the rear, allowing it to pick up audio from the camera operator/interviewer/journalist filming the scene. Instead of being forced to shout for the benefit of a microphone, it lets the interviewer speak in a normal tone of voice without sounding muffled and distant, providing improved sound for interviews and voice-overs.
The versatile V-Mic D4 DUO also features a 3.5mm Aux input designed to accommodate a lavalier mic or wireless transmitter (both available separately). If you have time to mic up your subject with a lav, simply plug it into the jack and flip the stereo switch that bypasses the rear mic on the D4. The lav is recorded on the camera's right channel, while the front capsule of the D4 DUO is routed to the left. With the audio from each mic on separate tracks, you can dial in the exact blend you want of the close-miked sound from the lav and the ambience of the on-camera mic in post-production. No longer do you need to carry around bulky camera mixers or hard-to-find stereo splitter cables to achieve similar results.
Weighing only 1.4 oz, the V-Mic D4 DUO adds quality audio to your camera rig without weighing it down. Included are two faux-fur windscreens to reduce wind noise when shooting outdoor, a Rycote Lyre shockmount to reduce vibrations and handling noise, and a coiled 3.5mm output cable.
Do More, Carry Less
- Dual cardioid pickup patterns for directional sound capture in front and behind the camera
- Low-noise circuitry for high-quality speech and dialogs
- Aux input for lavaliers microphones or wireless receivers
- Powered via plug-in power from the camera
- Compact and lightweight at 1.4 oz
- 3.5mm TRS coiled output cable for DSLR/mirrorless camera or portable recorder
- Rycote Lyre shockmount with camera shoemount
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded mounting options
- 2 x faux-fur windscreens
Deity Microphones V-MIC D4 DUO SpecsMicrophone
Form Factor Camera-Mount Sound Field Mono Capsule 2 x Electret Condenser Diaphragm 0.55" / 14 mm Polar Pattern Cardioid High-Pass Filter None Gain Adjustment Yes Windscreen Windsock/Windjammer (Included)Performance Frequency Range 50 Hz to 20 kHz Maximum SPL 120 dB SPL (1 kHz, 1% THD) Sensitivity -42 dB at 1 kHz
-51 dB at 1 kHzConnectivity
Output Connectors (Analog) 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Male (on Detachable Cable) Input Connectors 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female (on Mic)Power Operating Voltage Not Specified by ManufacturerPhysical Mounting Shockmount Construction Material Aluminum Dimensions ø: 0.83 x H: 3.68" / ø: 21 x H: 93.5 mm Weight 1.41 oz / 40 g
- Deity Microphones V-Mic D4 DUO Dual-Capsule Micro Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- 2 x Faux-Fur Windscreens
- Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- 3.5mm TRS to TRS Cable (Yellow)
- Limited 2-Year Warranty with 6-Month Extension upon Online Registration